Could Recreating Yourself Be The Answer?
Have you ever felt the need or desire to change? Have you ever thought about recreating yourself? Pressing the restart button and beginning all over again?
I think reinvention sometimes is the best answer when we want to change, when we want things or our lives to be different, or better.
This doesn’t mean that we have to enforce changes just for the sake of change. Nor does it mean that those changes have to be drastic, like Googling the deed poll centre and changing our names.
(Although I have had an urge to change my name for quite a number of years now but never followed through with it)
I have just started some reinvention. I am in the process right now of recreating myself. I have dropped my performance and marketing coaching completely and have now decided to focus entirely on life coaching.
Helping others to focus on unleashing their greatness and achieving more of what matters most to them.
What Prevents People From Recreating Themselves
Sometimes what stops us from going through this type of change is feeling a bit of guilt, or failure. We might think we have failed at being who we are, somehow.
I know I felt these feelings just the other day when I decided I wanted to reinvent myself. I soon got rid of them. But they were still there initially.
There is no need to think these thoughts or be embarrassed by them. To grow and flourish recreating ourselves can be the best answer.
I feel so much more focused now that I am coaching people in just one area rather than three. It feels more align with what I am truly passionate about; helping others transform their lives and unleash their greatness. Inspiring others to achieve their impossible.
I feel damn good about it.
How Can You Recreate Yourself?
Remember, like I said above, you don’t have to make dramatic changes to recreate yourself.
You could just do one or two of the following;
- Take an online course to learn a new skill – something that could help you in the near future
- Make a career change and do something you are passionate about
- Changing your circle of friends and making new ones who support you
- Changing the style and dress of your wardrobe and looking brand new (This can be done over a few months)
- Deciding to improve parts of your character…Like learning to become more patient with other people
- Moving from where you have always lived into a brand new house or even area – I want to live on a narrow boat and enjoy the freedom and that is now on my goals list!
- Changing your name – hey maybe I will make that change too…I have always liked, Robert Rich
Not everyone can make such change, it can be tough and oftentimes scary if the reinvention is a major one.
For example to change careers because you have already invested time and effort into that, you could find hard. But would it be worth it?
But if you have that inner urge to do something different write down what aspects of your life or personality you could change.
- What should I stop doing, thinking and being less of?
- What could I start doing, believing, thinking more of?
- What will happen if I make these changes?
- What will happen if I don’t make these changes?
Write down your answers and see if recreating yourself is a good strategy for you to implement change and start achieving more of what matters most to you.
Remember, if you want different results in life than what you have been getting, then something has to change!
I will keep you posted how my transformation goes.