I am almost certain that I don’t have to remind anyone that we are now in the merry month of May? Good. That means we are almost half way through 2014. Yup, nearly into the 6th month. That time has now passed. It’s gone and cannot be recalled by anyone.
If you don’t have any goals and are completely fulfilled in life there really isn’t much point in you reading this blog post
What have you been doing with that time? Have you used in constructively? Or has it vanished so quickly that it has left you thinking and asking yourself, or others, “Hasn’t this year gone quick? I can’t believe it is May already” (Yes, that very same question can be asked when you are achieving too; especially so when you are doing what you love to do as time seems to go quickly then)
With that in mind, I have six questions you can ask yourself to see what you have been doing with that time. If you have been frittering it away I hope these can put you back on track.
- Where are you in relation to the goals you set yourself late last year, for this year? (I am not on about New Year resolutions that are forgotten by the 6th or so of January)
- How many of the small steps have you achieved? (You do break them down into bite sized chunks don’t you? Great. It prevents you from becoming overwhelmed with those big dreams you have)
- Are there any you haven’t achieved? If so, what prevented you? (Maybe another approach is needed or maybe you set an unrealistic date or maybe you have been lazy?)
- Have you highlighted the ones you have accomplished on your goals sheet? (The brain just loves seeing these small wins. It even produces the “happy” endorphin each time it wins making it want more and therefore silently urging you onto bigger and better wins)
- Are you reminding yourself for what purpose you have set such outcomes? (This helps you through any obstacles)
- Have you been playing the video in your mind of having the goal now? (Oh, how your mind loves that)
Of course if you don’t have any goals or outcomes you want to achieve, I suppose it doesn’t matter as long as you are completely happy with your lot and aren’t telling others that their goals are stupid or whatever…
But if you aren’t doing any of the above and you are not satisfied with what you have now, well, then you only have yourself to blame. And you have forfeited all your rights to moan to others at the end of the year about how life is so unfair…yawwwwn.
It is never too late to start dreaming big things. If you didn’t have any goals then make a start right now and set some!
The great news is, if you were off track, you have time to get back on it. You can make the time up or at least get somewhere close to getting what you want.
And if those goals fit in with your Divine purpose, serve others or our beautiful planet, or your make your community a better place to live, you’ll naturally enjoy the journey and, be a happier person in the process.
Do I set goals and constantly review them? You bet I do.